Immunology and Inflammation Mouse Models
Our catalog of KO mice contains numerous models displaying immune or inflammation characteristics that you can appreciate, thanks to a panel of phenotyping tests mandated by the International Mouse Phenotyping Consortium (IMPC) and systematically performed on our lines.
Immunology- and inflammation-related tests:
- Hematology: to assess possible abnormalities in blood production and its components
- Clinical blood chemistry: to determine biochemical parameters of plasma
- Immunophenotyping: to identify and quantify immune cell sub-populations by FACS
Examples of phenotyped KO lines with immune or inflammation phenotypes:
Adgrb1, Atp5l, Bach2, Bap1, Bex2, Clpp, Cxcr2, Dph2, Elmod1, Fbxo7, Il23r, Itgae, Med1, Mrap2, Nek9, Nbeal2, Pls3, Pth, Ralb, Rpe65, Setd5, Tbkbp1, Usmg5, Usp5…
Polymorphism in the human gene IL23R is associated with multiple inflammatory disorders in humans (Crohn's disease (1), psoriasis (2), ankylosing spondylitis (3)). KO mice for Il23r show significant differences with WT in 3 tests performed under the IMPC guidelines, including decreased neutrophil cell percentage in males (assessed by whole blood peripheral blood leukocyte immunophenotyping).
In patients with mutations in the gene MYD88 show increased susceptibility to pyogenic bacterial infections (4). KO mice for their murine homolog MyD88, also more prone to infections, show significant differences with WT in 2 tests performed under the IMPC guidelines, including:
About 68 mouse lines KO for genes such as Adh5, Adpgk, Cdkl2, Fam63a, Gfod2, Kdm8, Mxra7, Pawr, Peli1, Sell...
Increased marginal zone B cells (% of B2 cells) in glucokinase Adpgk-/- mice (spleen immunophenotyping)
About 71 mouse lines KO for genes such as Cog6, Eci3, Elmo1, Pdzk1, Pld3, Ralb, Tctex1d2, Trappc9, Uevld, Vamp3...
Increased B cell number in vesicle associated protein Vamp3-/- mice (whole blood peripheral blood leukocyte immunophenotyping)
- Duerr, R. H. et al. A genome-wide association study identifies IL23R as an inflammatory bowel disease gene. Science 314, 1461–3 (2006).
- Cargill, M. et al. A large-scale genetic association study confirms IL12B and leads to the identification of IL23R as psoriasis-risk genes. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 80, 273–90 (2007).
- WTCCC & TASC. Association scan of 14,500 nonsynonymous SNPs in four diseases identifies autoimmunity variants. Nat. Genet. 39, 1329–1337 (2007).
- von Bernuth, H. et al. Pyogenic Bacterial Infections in Humans with MyD88 Deficiency. Science (80-. ). 321, 691–696 (2008).