CRISPR-Cas9 patents: Don’t get confused!
Because there are only three foundational patent portfolios!
To protect its clients from infringement risks, genOway invested substantially to hold licenses under all three portfolios.
- Our customers are authorized to use CRISPR-Cas9 models for R&D (internal or commercial) with no need to acquire any additional license from any third party
- You can acquire the authorization from genOway for the internal development or usage of rodent models from third-party providers
Each granted patent is represented by a colored dot.
The three foundational patent portfolios in the eukaryotic field are from:
- Sigma-Aldrich, aka Merck, which covers any CRISPR-Cas9 system for modifying a target DNA leading to a double-stranded break (this system may be associated with an exogenous sequence to perform Knockin)
- Berkeley, which covers any CRISPR-Cas9 system for modifying a target sequence along with at least one guide RNA
- Broad, which covers any CRISPR-Cas9 system for modifying a target sequence, where the CRISPR system is delivered to cells in the form of vectors
Contact our licensing service for more information
Privacy & Confidentiality
We value your privacy. We will never give, lease, sell or otherwise disclose your personal information. Your project details will remain strictly confidential.