Applications for GM Models Created by Homologous Recombination
Knockin rodent models including humanized models are highly relevant tools for drug development and preclinical studies. Below are some examples of applications:
Humanization of Target Genes such as:
- Cell membrane receptors for compound testing.
- Cell membrane molecules for in vivo evaluation of antibodies and biologics.
- Soluble molecules (Ig, transport proteins, interleukins and hormones).
Monitoring of Biomarker Expression in order to:
- Detect early events in response cascades.
- Quantify physiological responses.
Monitoring of Off-Target Effects in order to:
- Determine and quantify non-specific activities.
- Measure induction or repression of biomarker.
- Insertion of biomarker in any cell-specific gene to monitor a cell lineage or a subpopulation of a cell lineage.
Models for Translational Medicine in order to:
- Efficiently mimic human diseases or drug side effects.
- Improve xenograft efficacy.
Tissue-Specific Transgene Expression in order to:
- Determine transgene expression pattern and level of expression.
Target Validation & Knockout Models in order to:
- Monitor gene deletion efficacy and validate the reliability of the model.