Humanized CD4 Mouse Model for In Vivo Preclinical Studies
Applications: Inflammation, autoimmune diseases, immuno-oncology, HIV infection
The human CD4 mouse model allows in vivo efficacy and safety assessment of anti-human CD4 compounds.
- No expression of murine CD4 (Fig. 1)
- No physiological deregulation: Unaltered immune cell distribution, and T helper cell activity
Unaltered immune response and T helper activity in CD4 humanized mice
- Lymphocyte, NK and B cells distribution is similar to wild-type (WT) mice (Fig. 2)
- Cellular response (e.g., cytokine expression) is normal as in WT mice (Fig. 3)
- Humoral immune response is normal as in WT mice (Fig. 4)
Fig. 1) Human CD4 replaces murine CD4.
Homozygous CD4 humanized mice display human-CD4 expression in PBMC. No murine CD4 expression is observed.
Blood samples from wild-type and homozygous CD4 humanized mice stained with a combination of mAbs (anti-murine CD4, anti-human CD4) and analyzed by flow cytometry.
Fig. 2) Unaltered immune cell distribution.
Homozygous CD4 humanized mice display same frequencies of B cells, NK cells and T cells in spleen.
Splenocytes are stained with different mAb combinations to assess frequencies of lymphocyte subsets measured by flow cytometry. Grey bars represent values for wild-type mice and hatched bars represent values for CD4 humanized mice.
Fig. 3) Conserved cytokine expression profile.
Homozygous CD4 humanized mice display similar cytokine expression after ConA stimulation.
IL-2, IFN-γ and IL-4 concentrations in culture supernatants of mouse splenocytes stimulated with Con A are measured by using a 3-Plex Luminex kit. Black bars represent values for wild-type mice and hatched bars represent data for CD4 humanized mice.
Fig. 4) Similar Ig production.
Homozygous CD4 humanized mice display similar anti-KLH isotyping to wild-type mice.
Anti-KLH specific IgG1, and IgG2b polyclonal antibodies are assessed by sandwich ELISA in the serum of mice at day 28 after immunization with KLH and CFA. Serum samples from wild-type (WT) or homozygous CD4 humanized mice (HO CD4) were tested at different dilutions plotted against OD values.
Ready to be shipped to your lab
- Available onto C57BL/6J genetic background
- Health-certified prior to delivery: SOPF (Specific and Opportunistic Pathogen-Free)
- Worldwide delivery using logistic networks of professional breeders
- Freedom to operate for basic and pharmaceutical research
- Generated data are the exclusive property of the customer and royalty-free
- The model is available through in-licensing (flat annual fee, depending on company size)
- On-demand production of cohorts by contract breeding