Double-Humanized Serum Albumin/Neonatal Fc Receptor Mouse Model
Our double-humanized serum albumin/neonatal Fc receptor mouse model (HSA/hFcRn) maintains an autologous receptor-ligand interaction and can mimic the physiological drug clearance in humans.
- Accurate and predictive PK/PD studies of albumin- and FcRn-binding compounds
- Development of conventional drugs and biologics with enhanced half-life through interaction with HSA and hFcRn
- Assessment of a variety of compounds, including albumin variants, small molecules, antibody-like biologics and antibodies, including T-cell engagers
The HSA/hFcRn mouse can be intercrossed with any model of interest, including humanized immune checkpoint mice.
Request a quote here to get pricing, offers and HSA/hFcRn model information by phone or email.
- HSA and hFcRn are controlled by their respective endogenous mouse promoters, therefore displaying a physiological expression and regulation in a mouse system
- Physiological expression level of human albumin in a mouse system (within the normal range of 1.5-6 g/dL)
- Normal blood chemistry compared to a wild-type mouse
- Murine SA and FcRn expression is abolished
The model has been co-validated by Albumedix, the biopharmaceutical operations spin out of Novozymes.
Expression of hFcRn is physiological
Upper panel: hFcRn expression (qPCR) in duodenum (Du), jejunum (Je), ileum (iLe), large intestine (Li), liver (H), kidney (K), and lung (Lu) Lower panel: Immunohistochemical staining for hFcRn in HSA /FcRn humanized (large image) and wild-type (small insert) mice. No cross reactivity to mouse FcRn was seen in the wild-type mice (small insert).
Half-life of drug conjugated to human albumin is extended in our double humanized model
Albumin-bound drug 1: low affinity for hFcRn
Albumin-bound drug 2: high affinity for hFcRn
* For more validation data please contact us.
Viuff D, Antunes F, Evans L, Cameron J, Dyrnesli H, Thue Ravn B, Stougaard M, Thiam K, Andersen B, Kjærulff S, Howard KA. 2016. Generation of a double transgenic humanized neonatal Fc receptor (FcRn)/albumin mouse to study the pharmacokinetics of albumin-linked drugs. J Control Release. [PubMed]
Ready to be shipped to your lab
- Cohorts available upon request
- Studies can be carried out at your site or at your favorite CRO
- VAF Elite/SOPF certification and worldwide delivery by professional breeders
- Models provided with FTO on patent-protected technologies used for model generation