Preclinical Humanized VISTA Mouse Model
Design of the hVISTA mouse
The humanized VISTA mouse model (hVISTA) is developed by Knockin at the mouse VISTA locus, and expresses a chimeric VISTA with a human extracellular, human transmembrane and murine intracellular domain.
The design also gives access to VISTA conditional Knockout mice for a tissue-specific assessment of compounds’ specificity and toxicity.
Applications in immuno-oncology
The hVISTA mouse enables the in vivo efficacy assessment and profiling of immuno-oncology agents targeting the human immune checkpoint VISTA in fully immunocompetent mice.
Access to conditional VISTA Knockout mouse:
The conditional Knockout model allows the tissue-specific assessment of compounds’ specificity and toxicity.
Request a quote here to get pricing, offers and hVISTA model information by phone or email.
- The VISTA extracellular domain is entirely humanized
- Physiological regulation and expression pattern of the human VISTA
- Fully functional mouse immune system
- Lack of expression of the murine target gene, thus avoiding cross-reactivity
The model has been co-validated by BMS, our partner of the precompetitive consortium of company leaders in immuno-oncology and immunotherapy.
A scientific poster was presented at the Tumour Models 2019 in Boston. Download poster
hVISTA expression pattern recapitulates mVISTA
hVISTA and mVISTA expression on freshly isolated splenocytes on A) Tregs, B) CD11bHigh, C) conventional CD4 (CD4conv), and D) CD8 T cells. VISTA is not detected on cells from VISTA Knockout homozygous mice.
Anti-tumor effects in response to anti-human VISTA + anti-mouse PD-1 treatment
Mice of indicated genotype were inoculated with MC38 tumor cells s.c. and treated αKLH (control), αmPD-1, αhVISTA or αmPD-1 + αhVISTA (combination). Tumor volume measurement in A) wild-type and B) hVISTA Knockin (KI) homozygous mice at different time points. Results are expressed as mean±SEM. C) Survival of treated hVISTA KI homozygous mice analyzed up to 50 days post MC38 tumor inoculation.
* For more validation data please contact us.
ElTanbouly MA, Zhao Y, Nowak E, Li J, Schaafsma E, Le Mercier I, Ceeraz S, Lines JL, Peng C, Carriere C, Huang X, Day M, Koehn B, Lee SW, Silva Morales M, Hogquist KA, Jameson SC, Mueller D, Rothstein J, Blazar BR, Cheng C, Noelle RJ.
VISTA is a checkpoint regulator for naïve T cell quiescence and peripheral tolerance.
Science. 2020 Jan.
Johnston RJ, Su LJ, Pinckney J, Critton D, Boyer E, Krishnakumar A, Corbett M, Rankin AL, Dibella R, Campbell L, Martin GH, Lemar H, Cayton T, Huang RY, Deng X, Nayeem A, Chen H, Ergel B, Rizzo JM, Yamniuk AP, Dutta S, Ngo J, Shorts AO, Ramakrishnan R, Kozhich A, Holloway J, Fang H, Wang YK, Yang Z, Thiam K, Rakestraw G, Rajpal A, Sheppard P, Quigley M, Bahjat KS, Korman AJ.
VISTA is an acidic pH-selective ligand for PSGL-1.
Nature. 2019 Oct.
- Humanized Immune Checkpoint Mouse Models for Immuno-Oncology Studies
- A new Nature report by BMS provides new insights into VISTA biology and design of combination therapies
Ready to be shipped to your lab
- Cohorts available upon request
- Studies can be carried out at your site or at your favorite CRO
- SOPF certification and worldwide delivery by professional breeders
- Models provided with FTO on patent-protected technologies used for model generation
Are you looking for another target?
Follow this link humanized immune checkpoint (ICP) mouse models, or contact us.